Music Teachers Toronto
The Ontario College of Percussion and Music requires all of our teachers to have reached a high level of playing ability and music theory knowledge before being entrusted with a teaching position. Each of our teachers has proved themselves capable of understanding, performing, and conveying the music school curriculum as well as being a positive role model for our students. We understand our students are seeking a quality education in a supportive environment and we are delighted to provide the best music lessons available.
- Robin Boers Jazz and Fusion Speciallist Best known for his work with the Ugly Ducklings, Robin has been drumming since the 60's. After the demise of the Ducks, Robin chose to make drumming his career and vocation. Robin has been a teacher here at the Ontario College of Percussion since 1980. Read More about Robin Boers
- Jay Burak Funk, Latin and Double Kick Speciallist Following his graduation from the Humber Jazz program and advanced education with Paul Robson at the Ontario College of Percussion, Jay found endless work as a drummer. His calling has taken him across North America and to such far away lands as Dubai. Read More about Jay Burak
Guitar and Bass Teachers
- Kevin Mccloskey Electric Bass, Fretless Bass, Upright / String Bass and Guitar 30 years of professional playing, 25 years of studio sessions, 10 years of teaching has brought Kevin to the Ontario College of Percussion and Music. And we are proud to offer bass and guitar lessons with this seasoned and creative performer. Read More About Kevin Mccloskey
- Tim Stokes-Rees Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar and Electric Bass Tim has cut his teeth on the Toronto music scene and has made his way to the Ontario College of Percussion and Music. His teaching talents will have you flying across the fretboard with new ideas and skills to spare. Read More About Tim Stokes-Rees
- Martin Aucoin Piano and Keyboard Martin is a veteran of the Toronto and Nashville music scenes, performing with the likes of Juno Award winners Jack De Keyser and Morgan Davis, BJ Thomas, The Lincolns and too many others to mention. Prior to joining the Ontario College of Percussion and Music, Martin graduated with honours from the Humber Jazz program and established himself as a professional pianist and keyboardist and go to man for studio work and live performances. The man knows his piano and how to teach it. Read More About Martin Aucoin
- Lili Khachatryan Piano and Keyboard Lili is a graduate of Mirzoyan's Music School in Armenia, and has an ARCT Piano Performer's Diploma from the Royal Conservatory of Music, at which she is registered as a qualified teacher. With more than 21 years of piano performance experience, Lili has nurtured a teaching style that our students find fun, and enjoyable as well as being extremely effective, especially when tackling the practical and theoretical demands of the Royal Conservatory's curriculum. Read More About Lili Khachatryan
- Gretchen Helbig Voice Gretchen Helbig has performed across Canada in Theatre and Music Theatre, Operatic Works, (including original works), Symphonic concerts and has also been seen on television, feature films, and has also performed for CBC Radio. Read More About Gretchen Helbig
We recruit our teachers from the best of Toronto's professional music scene to meet our standards of excellence. Whether you are seeking lessons in Drums, Guitar, Piano or want to explore Bass, Trumpet, or Saxaphone, we have the teacher for you.